Maxtor HDD

Status
Not open for further replies.
well I will be giving em a call as soon as they open on tuesday.
They have been taking their sweet time with it.

LoTeX said:
my main puter has 3 hds and they're all working just fine, never had any problems

- 20gb maxtor (5 years old)
- 45gb imb deskstar (3 years old)
- 250gb sata maxline III with 16mb cache (4 months old)

Consider yourself very lucky, expisally since you also have an IBM / Hitatchi deskstar AKA deathstar

i have used several hds for different builds. The shop i worked for only used maxtor hdd's, and rarely had a problem with them. I have a 120GB western digital ata drive in my basement right now thats about 16 months old and is shot, i was also shipped an 80gb WD sata drive and 0/mbr was corrupt. I have never seen that once on Maxtor.

I think its the rumor mill that has you scared.

If they made shitty drives they wouldnt be in the running with the rest of the huge manufacturers, but whatever gives you piece of mind.

BTW, i currently have 2 identical 120gb maxtor sata drives in raid 0 and i f'n love it.

DJ-CHRIS said:
Western Digital and Seagate are the best drive manafactuers on the market. Get whatever size you need from either manafactuer.

I agree. I think Seagate have now increased their warranty to 5 years. That would sway me.

DJ-CHRIS said:
Consider yourself very lucky, expisally since you also have an IBM / Hitatchi deskstar AKA deathstar

yeah i remember hearing some nasty stuff about those deathstars although i'm not sure was it the 45gb version that had some major problems or some other version.

if im so lucky then why haven't i won in the lottery? well ok i havent done any lottery so that might affect a lil bit. ;)

sCribes said:

I think its the rumor mill that has you scared.

If they made shitty drives they wouldnt be in the running with the rest of the huge manufacturers

yep. also this new maxtor of mine got 5 year warranty, i think they wouldn't give this long warranties if they had to replace like 50% (or whateva) of the drives. and another 50% of the replaced ones. and so forth.

Well I have the 250gig version fo the drive you are buying, the maxline 16mb cache and I like it, only running it for a matter of months but no problems so far. Maxtor has a 3 year warranty and seagate has a 5 year warranty. I like the performance of the 16mb Cache drive alot... to me it seems almost as fast as the 10K rpm drives, just more space and less money. If you were to have a problem with it, within the first 3 years of having it at least, warranty will cover the problem although any data on the drive will most likely be lost. Just a little food for thought there.

BE4TNUT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom