Geforce4 MX 440 DDR Overclock.. to the max!

Status
Not open for further replies.
sorry coxy012001,but im sure that gf4 mx420 cards got sdram and not ddr
i even got it in my documentation
anyway,overlock it with powerstrip,but first put a good cooler on it

Actually, there are DDR GF4 MX 420 card's out there, but with a 64-bit DDR datapath, which doesn't make it any advantage to 128-bit SDR on the 'regular' cards, and in many cases, castrating its performance.

The newer Detonator 40 drivers (newest revision is 41.03) improved my performance significantly - you should give them a try, as well as using a prog such as Rivatuner to help with a bit of overclocking/tweaking.

how come the NVidia website only show the 40.72 beta driver ??? strange how another site shows a more up to date Nvidia driver ??? Just downloading this updated driver 2 and will let you know how I get on with this updated version..... If its anything like the last one then it should improve performance loads !!

ive just downloaded this driver, 3 times, I have the anti-virus software disabled, and it keeps telling me that the file is corrupt, and I cannot run the installation of this updated driver..... any ideas ?

hrmm.. in your sig it's wrong.. thge 420 doesn't have DDR iot has SDRam.

Where are you getting the driver from? I downloaded my off of Kazaa (use the Lite version) so i could download it faster.. nvidias site is juist too slow.

if you have a card with SDRAM.. your gonna want to OC the RAM.. you'll get more preformance out of it.. It's the bottle neck of the card.

SePhErUm said:
hrmm.. in your sig it's wrong.. thge 420 doesn't have DDR iot has SDRam.

Where are you getting the driver from? I downloaded my off of Kazaa (use the Lite version) so i could download it faster.. nvidias site is juist too slow.

Read my post above in this thread; there are DDR cards out there, but at a crippled 64-bit datapath; which is very much to what GeForce2 MX's support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom