VERY odd PC of mine (custom built)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quintox

Daemon Poster
To make long stories short, I built my first PC, and when I turned it on my moniter showed "No signal". I finally figured out it was my video card (radeon 9600se) Eventually I got an old mx400 4x agp card and it works. So I shipped the whole PC to a clanmate of mine, and he got the thing to work with the 9600se. He even played some BF2 on it, and has a video of him playing (to show me that it worked).

He shipped it back to me, and it didn't work! The packedging was very good, so it wasn't that.

the 9600se is currently in NY at ATI HQ being RMA'd, but I am afraid when I get it back it won't work again.

It can't be my PC for other AGP cards work (2 agp 4x's work, haven't been able to test a 8x but still).

Another clanmate suggested that my house power could be low, and he said something about having a similar problem from having too much things plugged in on the house. He said he fixed it by unplugging a few things. Could this be my problem? I don't see how.

Specs:
AMD Athlon XP 2000+
1 GB Corsair Value Select RAM (pc3200)
120gb West. Dig. HDD
1 CD/DVD Drive
Radeon 9600se 128mb AGP 8x card
MSI KT4V mobo
350watt Fortron PSU

Any ideas? I did call up my clanmate and we did what he did, and it didn't work. Weird thing is when he told me what he did, I did the same thing and it didn't work for me. When it worked at his place he tested it 2 different times about 3 hours each. I even saw his test name in our clan's BF2 server. (He was testing out the game on my PC)

Not yet, b/c I don't have my 9600se.

Could that really MAYBE be an issue? I don't see how considering this current PC (non gaming one) works and such, has a radoen 9250 pci card in.

Just looks like it will work on paper, does not mean it will play well with your system.

Most likely to the fact that your chipset is prejudice/is not compatible with that video card for some reason. Same thing happened to me. So I ended up getting a different motherboard, and the video card worked after that.

uzi9mm said:
Just looks like it will work on paper, does not mean it will play well with your system.

Most likely to the fact that your chipset is prejudice/is not compatible with that video card for some reason. Same thing happened to me. So I ended up getting a different motherboard, and the video card worked after that.

That is true, It may say it will work with certain hardware but sometimes they dont play well together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom