how to transfer videos on aim

Status
Not open for further replies.

prelude beast

Baseband Member
How can i set up my aim instant messager where i my buddies can go on to my computer and download video i have friend where we have it set up where i can click on his name on my buddy list right click and click get file and can pick any video or file on his computer to download.

This has nothing to do with hardware, but:

Go to My AIM, highlight Edit Options, and click on Edit Preferences...

Click on File Sharing (towards the bottom).

A somewhat "secure" way to do this is to put your friends that you want to have access to your files in a separate group. That way you can give file access rights to that specific group.

Choose the folder you want to share (any sub-directories are also shared). Choose your C: drive (or equivalent) to share everything.

Another way to do it is to make people on your buddy list "Display approve dialog", where you get a dialog box when your friend hits that "get file" button, or you can change it to "allow", and it will automatically allow everyone on your buddy list to access your files (not exactly the best idea in the world)

Click OK to save your settings.

I dunno. I just know that's how you can open up your system to allow people to access your files. As far as downloading goes, I don't know about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom