amd question...

Status
Not open for further replies.
As others have siad, it depends on what you plan to use the CPU for... Generally, an Athlon 64 3400+ (presumably in the Socket 939 flavour) will come out tops in primarily games and 3D benchmarking utilities. For most other desktop uses, see the 3.4 GHz P4.

but for gaming you will have to wait to bring out the full performance of the X2s

But he wasn't looking/talking about the X2 line, just the regular Athlon 64. Now, if you do want to add the X2's into the equation, they are currently the way to go for a CPU choice.

P.P. Mguire said:
Yes, the X2s got your gaming AND you rmultitasking so what else could you ask for?
An affordable price maybe.

Not everyone can afford one of those and if your looking at multi-tasking primarily, you would have to go with intel. Don't rule intel out just as yet.

multi-tasking go with intel? if your serious into multi-tasking you would go with an X2 but people who say they multi task but they dont go with intel.

i remember last year, intel was the leading maker of CPUs for multi tasking, but ever since the X2 people allways suggest the X2 over intel.

Yes the X2 is better but if your budget isn't very big an intel will do the job perfectly for both gaming and Muti tasking applications.

both, my regular 478 can run anything i throw at it. and since most programs dont make use of the dual cores yet, a non dual core is still very efficient.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom