Basic build

Status
Not open for further replies.

reggie_da_man

Fully Optimized
I'm building a new desktop computer for my girlfriend's parents, all they really use it for is insurance programs, internet and a bit of music. I need it to be under $450.00 Canadian includin a monitor and all the accesories. I have put together the computer that i think would be great for their needs, if anyone has any suggestions on how to lower the price a bit let me know.

So far i've got:

AMD semperon 2300+ for $83.00

Chaintech Summit 7NIF4 NForce2 Audio+Video+Lan for $68.00

Maxtor 40Gb ATA133 for $66.00

Samsung 512Mb DDR PC3200 for $63.00

19" CRT Low profile flat (refurb) for $64.00

Regular ATX case with power supply for $41.00

By the way tax is %15 and all this comes to just under $450.

Thx

Okay where are you buying this stuff from, prices seem quite a bit high on the CPU.

Right now, it's cheaper to get SKT 754, and for 68$ you can get an 80 gig seagate drive instead.

www.shoplci.com is where im buying the parts and i still have to pay tax if i order outta the province (stupid quebec).:mad: thx for that ill skt 754, how much is the shipping?

reggie_da_man said:
I'm building a new desktop computer for my girlfriend's parents, all they really use it for is insurance programs, internet and a bit of music. I need it to be under $450.00 Canadian includin a monitor and all the accesories. I have put together the computer that i think would be great for their needs, if anyone has any suggestions on how to lower the price a bit let me know.

So far i've got:

AMD semperon 2300+ for $83.00

Chaintech Summit 7NIF4 NForce2 Audio+Video+Lan for $68.00

Maxtor 40Gb ATA133 for $66.00

Samsung 512Mb DDR PC3200 for $63.00

19" CRT Low profile flat (refurb) for $64.00

Regular ATX case with power supply for $41.00

By the way tax is %15 and all this comes to just under $450.

Thx

If it's just for insurance and a bit of music why not just recommend those cheapy dells?

Pardon my french...but **** dell. LOL I don't wanna order a dell for them cuz the cheapest one is 499, for a celeron with a 128k cache.

Re: Re: Basic build

Midnight said:
If it's just for insurance and a bit of music why not just recommend those cheapy dells?

Because he wants it to actually turn on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom