Get 7800GTX for non sli board or lan rig?

Status
Not open for further replies.

algu7344

In Runtime
hey guys,

Should I get a 7800 GTX or a lan rig? The 7800 GTX would be for a non sli board. I am currently running a x700 toxic. What do you think I should do?

Sorry, but what do you mean by 'lan rig'? Do you mean a secondary back-up rig that you can cart around (to LAN parties and so on) instead of your main system or what?

As for the X700-7800 transition, you'll be blown away by the difference :) .

im guessing a lan rig is to take to lan parties and stuff...

EDIT: why cant you just take your current system, buy a 7800 and take that around?

what do you think i should get. Yes should I get a 7800 for my main rig or a lan rig. I have only enough money for one.

get a 7800 for your main rig and make it your main one and your lan one...

EDIT: you can build your lan rig for 500 dollars?

I say just build one fook off rig, replace the mobo with an SLI board and save up for a second 7800 GTX :)

I think if your on a tight budget it would be a huge ass waste of money to have seperate main and LAN rigs.... You could build one bad ass super computer for the price it would cost to build two slightly-better-than-average computers.

It would be like buying a car to drive in the summer and a 4x4 truck or suv for the winter when you could just buy a Subaru WRX that is bad ass and faster then both of the other vehicles in the winter and summer. Hope you guys like that analogy, hehe. I know theres atleast a few WRX lovers on this board form seeing peoples sigs!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom