Just finished flashing bios but........

Status
Not open for further replies.

BiGyLiLuPdAmIdL

Vinsanity
ok i have a pc chips m825g pro v9.2a soket A mobo. on the box it says suupports sempron processors. so when i bought it in a bundle with a sempron 2800+ it recognized my sempron as an athlon mp 1.2 ghz. So i updated my bios with the file that was supposed to recognize sempron processors now but after i did it and i loaded default settings and booted up windows it still says athlon mp 1.2ghz. I even unpluged the CMOC jumper battery and plugged it back in but wen i booted up it still says athlon mp 1.2ghz does anybody know what i shoyuld do. all i wanted was a sempron 2800 but all these problems had to happen i promise once i get it to say sempron 2000mhz i will be the happiest man in the world and i will never bother u guys again but for now please make me happy

make sure you leave the CMOS battery out for about 10 minutes. or you can move the jumpers from 1-2 2-3 for 30 seconds. did you try changing the FSB to whatever the default one is on the 2800

EDIT: also check your mulitpler. i once put my htt to 240 and my multipler down to like 3 and it said 720mhz i was like wtf. i set my htt to 240 and my mutlipeler to 10 and it was only 720 so i went into the bios and i saw that the mutlipler was at 3 and i was like DOh!

There could be some jumpers on your mobo to change the CPU frequency. I had the same problem yesterday when building a computer. It said 1150 when I booted it up, while I have a 2600+ sempron. Moving some jumpers and it was all good after that.

sweet

thanx guys i am so happy it finally worked it says sempron 2800 2.oghz u were rite coffee4me all i had to do was set the jumper to 2-3 intead of 1-2 thanx sweet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom