Windows Vista Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know there are a few members who are currently using Vista. Thoughs of you who are using it do you think that we will be able to upgrade Vista this time. I had to reformate everytime I switched to a new revision (4047 5048 Beta1). I'm hoping I don't have to lose all my data when I upgrade to Beta2.

Are you using vista on your regular computer or do you have a computer that you test on?

Thats what they say.

I guess you can hope they have an upgrade from XP feature I'm curious if they have a upgrade from Beta1 Feature. Mikee I use it on my regular computer which is partitioned. The first partition is my OS the second is a second instalation of XP with my backup so I can restore the first partition when I want to to my "normal" XP with all my files. I got tired of compatability issues and dumped Vista but I'm planning on reinstalling it tuesday.

Thats how it's been in the past 4047 5048 and Beta 1 did not allow upgrades. I'm wondering if Beta1 will be able to upgrade to Beta2.

As far as i understand it Betas will never have an upgrade feature for the fact that they want you to start fresh. That way they can get a clear picture of what is still causing problems. If you do an upgrade then it has the possibility of being from either the old or new version. That is why they have the beta process like they do. If they allowed upgrades then Vista would have been released already and we would have SP1, SP2, SP3 and so on.
Also the changes that have occured might affect the stability of the OS not allowing it to be upgraded. Such as file system changes, virtual folder changes, video drivers, sound drivers. Everything would have an effect.

As for Beta 2 all lanes are pointed toward the fact that Beta 2 will be public and some sources have said it can be as early as December 7, 2005.

Not me though. Though the Idea of Beta2 is exiting I look at it this way. They are bringing back the side bar and other eye candy. Which is a good thing but will put performance issues on my system. In the other betas it was all about stability and code. Also the side bar and other eye candy has not been tested as good as the code and other features from Beta1 which may make Beta2 less stable than Beta1. But either way we need a Beta2 so users can correct the errors and report them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom