what should i do

Status
Not open for further replies.

oneforall

Banned
Should i go ahead and pick up a 6800gt for $300 or should i wait till ati's new midrange comes out and benchmarks against the 6800. Anyone know the specs on the new cards coming out. I ahve a 9800pro and im selling to my friend. Thanks

Yeah, the next gen cards from ATI aren't going to be anything to shout about due to them being around the performance of the already released 7800GTX. If you want to wait for the best next gen card, wait for either the nVidia G70 Ultra, or the G72. Unfortunately, they are due for release sometime late next year.

So my advice would be to either go with the 6800 GT, or if you want to stick with a graphics card for quite a while, get the 7800GTX. Depends how much you are willing to spend!

how about a x850xtpe, this card beats the 6800gt in every benchmark ive seen. So should i get this one? Or is one of the new r520 going to be around the $400 dollar range that will beat the x80

x850XT PE is an awesome card, but it lacks certain features that the 6800GT has, like PSM 3.0, which will be CRUCIAL in future games.

It really depends on what games you want to play with it, they both will be futureproof for a while.

the x850xt is better. if i had to pick one I'd buy that one.

I wouldn't worry about psm 3.0 as its not widely used and when it is pretty much standard fair then you will most likely be looking to upgrade anyway. also by the time its standard then psm 4.0 or sum shit will be out...

Amish Marauder said:
the x850xt is better. if i had to pick one I'd buy that one.

I agree with you there. But the above poster is also correct on the 6800 having some NICE features that the x850 doesnt. But the x850 does run better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom