Windows Vista Pricing - $99?

Status
Not open for further replies.
when vista releases in december (hopefully) it'll only be in its second beta not the full version that could be the reason for the small price... windows home is only 87 bucks on newegg. but i could be wrong it could be the full version. that'd be pretty awsome if vista is really cheap :D :D

I doubt the sourcing. I have heard nothing from MSDN, Microsoft, Technet, Thurrot, or my tech buddies.

From what i have heard there are going to be multiplt editions of Vista. Here is a list of the possible editions...
Vista Starter Edition
Analogous to Windows XP Starter Edition.

Vista Home Edition
Analogous to Windows XP Home Edition.

Vista Premium/Media Center Edition
A premium superset of Home Edition that includes the Media Center functionality.

Vista Professional Edition
Analogous to Windows XP Tablet PC Edition.

Vista Small Business Edition
A new product edition aimed at the small business market. Currently very similar to Professional Edition.

Vista Mobility/Tablet PC Edition
Analogous to Windows XP Tablet PC Edition.

Vista "Uber" Edition
A new product edition that bridges the consumer and business versions and includes all of the features from the Home, Premium, Pro, Small Business, and Tablet PC Editions (but not Starter Edition).

This is still not confirmed but it is considered by M$ at the current time. As for the Price i havent heard any news on that yet but if i do hear something i will report back.

I will make some changes to that list based on my sources.

Vista Starter Edition, Vista Home Edition, Media Center Edition, Vista Professional Edition, Vista Small Business Edition, Tablet PC Edition, Vista Premium

Same as before but the Premium Edition will hold the fruits of the crop from all versions making it have the best of everything. The Premium Edition is not the Media Center as it will be called "Vista Media Center" plan and simple. Though your right nothing is confirmed as of yet.

This mile stone marks my 1,000th post

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom