Opening 2 programs...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dood Master

Beta member
Ok, this is kinda hard to explain cuz i'm new things like this...
Basically, I want to make program B run everytime I run program A, without running them both at startup or at a set time or anything like that. Can someone please tell me if theres any way to do this, and if so, how? Thanks for any help.

Woot

i need to know which operating system you are using. to do what you want you can either add the item to the startup folder which will run the program when windows starts up.

a better way is use windows task scheduler to set the program to run when you want it. in winXP it's called scheduled tasks in start button> all programs> accessories> system tools> scheduled tasks I know for certain with winXP you can schedule things to run "at system startup" or "at logon". not sure if thats available in windows 98/ ME.

what os?
I. E. for windows, the following should work

create a bat file that contains the commands to open the programs you want then create a shortcut to the bat file:
start /min D:\MyDocu~1\manual.doc
start C:\devdir\sliced.vbp

then just add it to ur startup folder... go to "Start--> Program Files, look for the the thing named "Startup" right click it and copy what the shortcut to it is... its sumthen like "C:\Documents and setting\......"copy and paist the link into ur browser then add the program u wanna run at start up to the file "Startup".... Its fairly simple i could find a way that u could directly put it into the "startup" folder, so yeah thats the way i would do it as i said, or u could do like ekÆsine said and jus use schedule tasks to get it to load up on start up....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom