Gaming system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Counter-Strike said:
Go with eVGA or Leadtek 7800GTX. Enermax isn't the best, I would go with OCZ or ThermalTake.

Everything else looks good.

Enermax kicks ass, what are you talking about :amazed:

Not as good as PCP&C, but along the lines of OCZ and stuff :)

What's so bad about the Kingston RAM lol, I'm using it (only because it was the last one they had in the shop), what goes wrong with it?

So your saying I should go with the AMD 64 3700 San Diego?

Yeah, the San Diego is a good CPU, although if you can, just jump up to the 3800 X2 and make your system a hell of a lot more future-proof. That is (of course) if you can afford it :)

I've heard that the 3800 X" is the best bang-for-buck when it comes to dual cores. It can be overclocked further than any other dual core, so that's what I'd advise you to do.

But if you can't afford the jump to the 3800 X2, the San Diego is still a very good CPU!

I thought that dual core CPUs are good for multi-tasking but not as good for gaming. Also I just read a review on the x2 3800 and it was getting worse framerates than the single core 3500. But I might be wrong.

All I know is that the 3700 is one of the best overclockers ever and it broke some kind of record. I have seen it go from 2.2Ghz to 3.6Ghz :D

Yeah, single core CPUs are beating out the X2s at gaming, but I've read loads of reviews of the FX series going up against the X2 series, and well basically, the FX out preforms the X2s by a little in gaming, but we're still talking top end CPUs. So at this price bracket, you're not going going to see a MASSIVE difference in fps. Seriously, if your playing a game at around 70fps, and then you see one running at 90fps, you're not going to see much difference.

And the way the gaming market is going, a lot of new games will be using dual core technology to the full. FEAR is going to try and use it to the best of it's ability, and personally, if you want a good gaming computer that doesn;t need much upgrading, go down the X2 road. It's worth it.

I think I will get a 3700 san diego first and then I will get a duel core when they are needed (It should be easy enough as they are both 939).

I was just wondering is it worth spending the extra £74 ($135) to get the AMD 64 4000 San Diego Instead of the 3700? I'm pretty tight on my budget already and as I will upgrade to an X2 CPU when they are needed i'm not sure it's worth it.

p.s

Do you think with 1Gig of Corsair PC3200 RAM, a 7800GTX and and AMD 64 3700 San Diego I will be able to run games like AO3,Oblivion and F.E.A.R?

Well for the price of a brand new San Diego (which is about £160), and if you add the extra £74 in which you'd be spending on the 4000+, you could get the 3800+ dual core.

Just thought I'd throw that in there because like you said, you might want to upgrade in the near future, and spending £234 on a processor when a 3800+ costs like £20 more seems to be a waste of money to me.

But it's up to you. But coming back to your original question, for the extra £74, you won't see that much of a difference (especially if your intending on overclocking your San Diego).

I would get the X2 3800 but I need to buy the computer from a place that you can choose the parts for your PC, get it made and then have like a one year warranty on top of that. The place I am getting it from does not sell the X2 3800. Do you know of any good sites I could use for buying a computer like that in the UK? Thanks.

P.S

www.overclock.co.uk does not have the parts I want either.

If you want a company that will build your PC to your exact specification, then you will find it hard due to them not stocking every component under the sun. My advice to you would be to research someone in your area who builds PCs for a living/business and get them to build it for you. That way, you can get all the parts you want a cheaper prices!

Try either www.overclockers.co.uk and www.ebuyer.com for great prices (and don't worry, they are situated in England so no need to worry about shipping charges!).

I personally bought 95% of my PC from Overclockers, and then I bought my graphics card and mobo from eBuyer.

At least check them out and think about what I said :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom