Want to buy a computer...

Status
Not open for further replies.
My motherboard is VIA Technologies, Inc. VT8363x, if I wanted to just upgrade that and my processor, could I do that for $300? I'd have to upgrade it to a motherboard that my RAM would work in it of course. It would have to have the same slot for my radeon 9600. Is that possible?

I might be able to go alittle over $300.

Joeisalsocool said:
Look at exactly what I have. I call it the bottom of the top of the line.

any socket 939 board
3000 Venice
6600GT

~$400US Right off the bat, then you need to figure in all the other stuff you want.
-Joe

you can save some money and just use his current 9600 buy a cheap mobo with a agp slot.

s939 mobo - 80-120 dollars

300 venice - 146

keep your current video card

ram - 50-100

276 dollars, without a case, hdd, optical drives, or OS.

case is 20

hdd is 53 for 80GB

optical drive cd drive/burner is 20

369 dollars for everything except an OS. which is base price

you can always go with socket A if your desperate for a whole new system and cant spend above 300 dollars

processor 100 dollars

mobo - 80

ram - 50

hdd- 53

case - 20

optical drives, what ever you need- 20

323 dollars for a socket A mobo, with ram. hdd. optical drives. case.processor. use your current video card which will run most games on med-low settings. and once you get some more moeny you cna upgrdae to a 6800GT agp or you can change that out and spend an additional 300 dollars for a s939 mobo with a pcie slot.

If he's looking to upgrade in the future, then I would suggest waiting and then buying a PCI-e mobo. That way, he already has a base to work with.

Course, it all depends on what you want, and when. I personally waited 4 months while buying this computer. I used a boring million year old e-machines.

I still say wait and let the dough roll in.

lol, I don't have money that rolls in. The only time I get any cash is for my birthday, christmas, and yearly college allowance. So, if I could get like some right now, and then some more later, and then some more later, I could have something not bad after a while. The same thing could apply if I save my money. If I save $300 now, and then get $100 for my birthday, and then $100 for christmas, and then $300 more in Jan for my college allowance, that right there will be $800 and I might could build me something nice.

with 800 dollars you can build a nice budget gaming rig

what i say is either wait. or buy some parts right now and dont use them. which is just a waste cause the prices are going to fall sense new stuff is coming out.

so wait until after JANuarary and then buy

That sounds like a good idea. Thanks folks for all the help.

Is the new archetecture that supports the new video cards expensive now because it's new? Someone told me about it on another forum and I really didn't know much about it. I guess if it is new, it is impossible to get a cheap motherboard with the new slot for the video card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom