Windows xp boot disc

Status
Not open for further replies.

raidersfann26

Solid State Member
I have my original windows xp boot disc... my mom got a compaq with windows 2000.... would it be possible to use my boot disc to upgrade hers to windows xp?

even tho her computer is a compaq and mine is a emachines... it sayz it on the disc it will only work for emachines computers but i mean they could be lying to stop piracy... anyone know?

Thats gonna be a pain to do I think. Let me see what I can do. I have a dell XP cd, lemme see whats on it that is keeping it from installing on a non dell

thanx... im trying to download a copy of windows xp but nothing is working and she just paid 300 bucks for this crappy pc and im trying to get the most for her since she doesnt have that much money... it should work... i dunno... anyone?

explore the cd and tell me the folders that are on there, or do a screens shot of it and post it here

OK. On my Dell OEM XP CD, there was a folder called $OEM$, I deleted that folder from the image I made and now XP is installing without it giving me the "You cannot install etc. etc message" I used Roxio Media Center Edition, saved it to my desktop, opened it with WinIso, deleted the folder, saved it, closed it, reopened, then ran setup.exe and was good to go.

bundle, drivers, manuals, support, tools, valueadd are all the folders... then theres "autorun" which is setup information... next is a gho file t2896.gho... then t2896001.ghs... next t2896002.ghs and the last one is the windows icon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom