Hello Ram Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Discard any overclocking/tweaking you've done, you've obviously messed around with your timings or maybe pushed the CPU bus a little too far.... Then run a memory diagnostic like Memtest to check for errors.

okay well i havent tried to overclock anything, but yesterday for some reason my cpu was goin at 5ghz but Warez Monster told me how to make it normal... And i think id need to know how to mess around with stuff heh to actually push somethin to far. How would i discard any overclockin/tweakin if i dont know if i overclocked anything.. and how do i run a memory diagnostic like memtest. Sorry for all the questions this is the first pc i built and im new to everything and willing to learn

Thank you for your help

Well, if your haven't yet gone into BIOS and altered any CPU/RAM settings, you haven't yet overclocked :p What do you mean then by 'Overclocked RAM' (as in your previous post)? What type of RAM is it? dl a program called CPU-Z if you don't know.

To create a Memtest diagnostic bootable disk: Get a floppy disk, format it, and copy the nessesary files onto the floppy. Or dl the .iso file and bung that onto a CD/DVD-RW. Simple.

Okay sorry for long response do you have any sites to dl this? or do i just type it in google and ill get it?

okay, i downloaded the program

Type : DDR-SDRAM Channels # : Single
Size : 1024

if u want to know anythin else tell me

there in slot 1 and 3 it says

trying clearing the CMOS. and reinserting the ram...maybe your memory is faulty, you might have to Return it to tigerdirect.

By clearing the CMOS u mean by moving the jumper to the 2 pins then back? i already did that should i do it again?

trying taking a picture of this section

1) hit alt+ print screen

2) go into paint and hit ctrl+v

3) go to www.imageshack.us

4)copy and paste the link for Thumbnail for forums (1)

5)post it here

EDIT: i know my timings are bad. but i had to do a cmos reset sense it wouldnt detect my cd drive

LuigiTwin said:
By clearing the CMOS u mean by moving the jumper to the 2 pins then back? i already did that should i do it again?

make sure you move it back for 30 seconds, if that doesnt work, try taking out the CMOS battery for about 10 minutes and put it back in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom