Socket 478 Mounting Bracket

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugo82

In Runtime
Upon removing retail CPU heatsink and fan, I managed to break the mounting bracket.

Does anyone know where I can buy one of these brackets (ideally in the UK), without buying a new motherboard?

I've been looking for a new heatsink and fan anyway, does anyone know heatsinks that come with their own mounting mechanisms therefore not needing to buy the bracket detailed earlier.

Thanks

Thanks, but now i have found somewhere that sells this part separately. Apparently the part is known as a retention bracket and kustompc sells the p4 one that i need!

On another note i have decided to buy the arctic cooling freezer 4 heatsink and fan, not because it comes with its own retention bracket, but because the retail heatsink and fan sucks :)

N1 mate, I also have a socket 478 I left it on with no fan just a heatsync all day and it got to 88 degrees Celcius LOL, where abouts is shropshire I have never heard of it

88 degrees...poor thing :) I didn't know that the bracket was broken at first, although my cpu temp was slowly creeping up to about 75 degrees, when i was only browsing the net!! This is when i thought i'd better check it out!

Shropshire is in the west mids, it's the county west of staffordshire and borders the welsh. There's not much in the county really, so nobody generally knows about it, just a load of farms :) Some people have heard of Telford and Shrewsbury which are not too far away from me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom