Gaming system

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedUK

In Runtime
Can anyone check over my gaming system i'm going to buy and tell me if it's any good, also what changes I should make:

AMD Athlon64 3700 San Diego
DFI Lanparty nF4 SLi-DR
Kingston 1GB
80GB Maxtor DiamondMax+9 133/7200
16X MSI DVD-ROM Black
XFX/Leadtek GeForce 7800GTX 256MB PCI-E
17" Iiyama VisionMaster 1403
Enermax Noisetaker 600W ATX V2.0

I'm not sure if I should go with Leadtek or XFX for the Graphics card. Also do you guys think I will be able to use the full potential of the graphics card with that CPU? And do you think the CPU will be good enough for gaming?

Thanks!

Go with eVGA or Leadtek 7800GTX. Enermax isn't the best, I would go with OCZ or ThermalTake.

Everything else looks good.

I also wouldn't go with a Maxtor HD, they are known to fail a lot. Is that the 16mb cache one? If you really want a 16mb cache get the WD 250GB one. If not, just geta Seagate HD.

eVGA Video Card

Antec, Thermaltake or OCZ PSU.

The monitor is a CRT, right?

I've only heard bad things about Kingston RAM. IF that's just value get some corsair value instead, if you want to overclock your ram think about getting some OCZ Rev Plats or if you want to go crazy get some G. Skill LAs.

That CPU is great

I heard a lot of recomendations for Enermax PSUs from this forum... Any reason I shouldn't go with them. I thought they were a quality PSu brand.

everything looks good except the hdd, which should be a seagate. the video card, should be an eVGA or leadtek, the psu is fine

RedUK, your setup seems fine to me! I mean, I have a Maxtor hard drive (the Diamondmax 10 250Gb 16Mb Cache version), and it's great! I mean, even if it does fail, who doesn't back up work nowadays? The PSU is great! Honestly, mine has been working fine, no problems with that!

Also, I have no idea why people have something against XFX (probably because they are not as popular in the US than over here in the UK), but so far they have produced THE fastest 7800GTX (490/1300), so I don't see why the complaints are coming in about them :S Loads of my friends have XFX versions of nVidia cards, and nothing has gone wrong with them, so your setup looks really good :)

The only thing I would change is the Kingston RAM, go for something like OCZ or Corsair, or like truebe said, if you want to be crazy, go for the G Skill :)

Hope that helps!

if your into overclocking go with the OCZ platinum revision 2 ram. great for OCing. reaches around DDR530ish if you have the right voltage and timings. on 1 on 1 timings obviously. i wouldnt go with XFX even if loads of people have them and there are no problems. go with leadtek, sense eVGA isnt there in the Uk. the cpu will not be a bottleneck for the 7800GTX. and if your going to spend 500 dollars on a graphics card you might as well get a good one and not a crappy one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom