Problems with windows xp pro with sp2 pls help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joman25

Baseband Member
Hi there,

I'm having problems with windows xp pro w/sp2, the problem is that when i go to do something it is laging my computer so much that it sometimes lockes up (freezes)!! and i have a pentium III 650mhz with like 386mb or ram..

When i go to taskmanager it says that the CPU usage is at 100% all of the time even when i'm not doing anything why does this happen??

I've done everything to fix this problem, but nothing seems to be working...

can anyone pls help, anything would be great & thanks!!

Warez Monster:

When did you see this problem happening? Did you just instal SP2?

After I installed sp2 on to my computer, and i've done all of the updates.. when I'm finished the installation of windows you know when its all said and done..

is there anything that u can sudjest?

Thank you vary much for your help!!

I suggest slipstreaming SP2 in your installation cd. Did you have XP SP1 for a while then decided to add SP2? You should think about slipstreaming for an almost 100% guarantee that it will work every time, it has for me.

AutoStreamer

Warez Monster said:
I suggest slipstreaming SP2 in your installation cd. Did you have XP SP1 for a while then decided to add SP2? You should think about slipstreaming for an almost 100% guarantee that it will work every time, it has for me.

AutoStreamer

I would like to try, but I don't know on how to do Slipstreaming?

The sp2 was part of the windows xp pro cd that i got...

Warez Monster;

When it comes to slipstreaming the sp2 I don't know anything about that, I haven't tryed that before... I'm a rookie when it comes to slipstreaming the sp2 thing!!!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm now using windows 2000

Say do u know on how to change the taskbar to a different theme or style? (aka: like windows xp pro Operating system)

Thank you for your help!!

I dont believe 2000 allows you to change it to XP style since XP was a newer OS than 2000.

Makaveli213

Yea thats what I kinda guess, that there isn't any styles/themes for windows 2000 pro..
If you find out that you can can you please e-mail about it please & thank you?

You can use a application such as Windowsblinds to do this type of thing. Here is the gallery to search for what skins are available. I know windowsblids can work on 2000 it just depends on if you want to use it or not.

Makaveli213;

Yea I was just thinking on using the program for windows 2000, thanks for the advise there Makaveli213; say is there any other programs that can do the same thing? I know that there is windowsblinds what other program that can do that same thing do you know any?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom