New Case and New Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thief_of_D55

Beta member
I just boguht a new case for my computer and now all these problems have arisen. My computer is an older AMD with 327MB of RAM and a 10GB HD with Windows XP Home installed. After putting everything in the new case the motherboard no longer recognizes the two CD-Rom Drives, or my HD. The CD-Rom drives are most certainly connected by IDE and the HD is also most certainly connected. Its almost as if they are not recieving power. Yet i know the new power supply works because my fans light up. Also thier are two USB ports and audio and mic jack in the front. My computer supports the USB but im not sure of the pin configuration to put them in. my processer. Motherboard is a AMD K6 450 Mhz. (i know piece of junk why am i keeping it around?) and my sound card only has 4 pins and those are for the CD-Rom Sound. Long post. Please Help! :beard:

So I am assuming Harddrive is alone andconnected to IDE1 while the 2 CD-Drive are both connected to IDE2. If it work fine before you started takin it apart then make sure the power connector are tight and that your IDE cable are plug in correctly. The Blue connector on the IDE cables goes to the motherboard.

They are all plugged in and tight. My theory is that the new powersupply that came with the case is not putting out enough power to support the pull on them. And you are correct in assuming that HD is on IDE1 and CD-Roms are on IDE2. Any help with the USB pins?

Did you try to switch it with the one in your older case? For your USB you need to consult your motherboard ducumentation or do a google on it maybe you'll find something.

yeah, i tried switching it with the one in my old case. It doesn't work either, I even treid plugging two diffrent ones in to power it and it doesn't work. It seems like the drives aren't accepting power or soemthing. It also seems like the IDE plugs on my motherboard are not working

Before you type one more reply Thief_of_D55, i suggest that you read the rules pertaining to sigs. Yours is in violation of being removed.

okay, i removed my sig, ummm, any help though? any idea why my computer has suddenly "crapped its pants"??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom