Not open for further replies.
Ibuypower.com
monarchcomputersystems.com

If you have $3000 to spend go all out!
-7800GTX
-AMD Athlon 64 X2
-2 Gigs of RAM

etc.

There ya go. It may look small, but it took a while to find, lol.

Aspire X-Navigator ATX Computer Case ~$149.

DFI Lanparty nF4 Ultra-D ~$123 currently.

AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800+ ~$884.

2GB (4x512MB) OCZ EL Platinum RAM ~$336
or
2GB (4x512) PQI Turbo Samsung TCCD RAM ~$362

Seagate Barracuda 160GB SATA150 7200RPM Hard Drive ~$118. - This is the "Retail Version." The OEM version is cheaper, but you get no guides/instructions. When going with SATA, its best to have as many guides as possible, it can save a lot of headaches.

LITE-ON Black IDE CD/DVD Burner. ~$42

Logitech Elite Keyboard ~$43/

Logitech MX518 ~$40.

19" Samsung Black LCD Monitor 8ms Response Time ~$322.

eVGA GeForce 7800GTX ~$470.

Microsoft Windows XP Professional w/SP2. ~$147

$2674-$2700 depending on which RAM you choose.

messing around on ibuypower. Do any of you all disagree with these selections? Am I headed in the right direction?
buying periphs from newegg

Case ( Nzxt Guardian ATX Mid-Tower Case w/420W Power Supply Silver )
USB 2.0 Accessories ( Add External USB 2.0 Hub (4x USB 2.0 Ports) )
Meter Display ( Thermal Temperature LCD Display Silver )
Case Lighting ( Neon Light Blue )
Power Supply ( Standard Case Power Supply )
Processor ( [939-pin] AMD® Athlon-64 X2 4200+ CPU w/ Hyper Transport Technology )
Processor Cooling ( Certified CPU Fan and Heatsink )
Motherboard ( eVGA 133-K8-NF41 nForce-4 SLI Chipset Dual DDR w/7.1 Sound, Gb LAN, S-ATA Raid, USB 2.0, IEEE 1394, Dual PCI-E MB )
Memory ( 2048 MB [1024MB X2] DDR-400 PC3200 Memory Module Corsair XMS w/ Heat Spreader )
Operation System ( MS Windows XP Home Edition w/Service Pack-2 )
Additional Software ( MS Office 2003 Basic Edition )
Video Card ( [NEW !!! PCI-Express 16x] Nvidia GeForce 7800GTX 256MB w/DVI + TV Out Video )
Hard Drive ( [Special !!!] 160 GB HARD DRIVES Western Digital 160 GB 7200 RPM Ultra ATA-100 2MB Cache Hard Drive )
CD/DVD Drive ( 16x DVD-ROM Drive Silver )
CD-RW/DVD-RW Drive ( 52x32x52 CD-RW Drive Silver )
Sound Card ( Creative Lab Sound Blaster Audigy-2 ZS Platinum 7.1 Beige )
Network Card ( D-Link PCI 32 Bit 10/100 Network CARD )
Floppy Drive ( Mitsumi 1.44 MB Internal Floppy Drive Beige )
Wireless Network Adapter ( [Special !!!] Wireless 802.11g 54Mbps PCI Adapter )
Monitor ( LCD Monitor ViewSonic 19" VX924 TFT LCD Monitor [Extreme Gaming; 4 ms; Silver/Black 2-Tone] )

looking at your setup and reading some of the guides I've googled, I've decided to give a go at building it myself.
One thing, I read reviews for the case saying that they had issues connecting the 5 fans(wow) to a power source.
That dvd drive is interesting, lotsa mixed reviews from what I've read.

What would you go with as far as SLI's go?
thx alot for giving me that info, helps alot. I'm not really sure as far as the brands go for the things like hds,ram,dvd drives.

Yea, building it yourself is no problem at all, you just need to read the instructions which come with the hardware, and there are plenty of online guides to help you with building.

Yea, the more fans in a case, the better. If they're too loud, you can buy newer, quieter fans for chump change. As far as the power source, most PSUs can hold 5 fans.

The DVD drive can be changed easily, you have a lot of oney left over, so you can check out other drives with better reviews. I was actually going for a cheaper drive, but I saw that this one had a lot of reviews and 5 stars so I just went with that one.

For SLI, two cheap cards are no use at all, theres no point with that. Some cheap cards don't even support SLI. The point of SLI is to pay for two cards to get ~175% the performance of one. Right now the 7800GTX and 6800Ultra aeren't too far from eachother in price, so I would go with the 7800GTX, but you don't have much money left from the $3000 budget. With the money you have left over, either stick with the 7800GTX or get 2 6800GTXs. Personally, I would go with the 7800GTX, even though I was recommending SLI earilier. Again, I'm no hardcore fan of SLI, I just thought it would give you the best preformance for years to come.

Crap, I forgot. The Power Supply, you might need a new one. I don't know how good that Aspire that comes with the case is, but just in case you need a new Power Supply - Enermax Whisper II 535W Dual +12vrail ~$89.

Either of those would be fine. The Samsung has a higher Contrast Ratio and is cheaper, but both of them are good.

sound card?

I also read up on reviews for the dfi mobo and they keep saying stay away if you are a beginner which I am, so this has me worried.

HELLPC.jpg

Ok, I read up on the dfi mobo and it seems if you arent looking to oc, it isnt worth it as it gives some of the worst rates out of box. Is there another mobo for non oc that maybe has sli capability [prob wont use sli just nice to know that I have it :)]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom