scaling down a high end choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
i would suggest u go with an AMD S939 X2 3800+, it will be more future proof for games and it is allready leading the charge in mutlimedia applications.

just get the Ultra-D board if you're not going SLI. you can also mode them to an SLI-D or SLI-DR

get the LG 4163B drive instead, it is really fast, actually does get to its rated speeds, and is quiet.

go down to an Audigy 2 Value. you really won't notice any sound difference (unless you are superhuman)
although if you really want the ZS, you can actually softmod the Value.
download these drivers (ISO, 549MB!!) or these (EXE, 263MB!) and this compatibility patch
here or here are some instructions on how to install them (the second is translated from Italian by Google)

and I'd suggest an X2 4400+ Toledo, or at least a 3800+ Manchester.

Im fairly intent on going SLI, so later down the road i can chuck in another 256 mb graphics card when needed.

as for the x2's, although it may be future proof, I've been told by many, that its only worth it for multitasking high end programs. Realitsically, Im only really going to be doing high priority thing at a time, and I really want as much grunt as i can get.

right now, the x2s are good for mutitasking but in the FUTURE, hence the word future in future proof, most games will be able to support dual core processors, and you will say bye bye to those who bought fx series and 4000+ processors

the question is how long do you think it will take before games come out supporting dual core processors?
I know its a matter of how popular the unit gets, but taking that into consideration as well.

i heard that FEAR is trying to support dual core...and yes it depends on how popular the X2s get, EVERYONE BUY DUAL CORE PROcesSORS. anywyas i would say most games coming out in 2006-2007 will have dual core support. if more people buy X2s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom