I need some help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

LuigiTwin

Baseband Member
I wasn't sure what forum I should post this under but I decided to put it under this...

Well my problem is that whenever I click on certain programs my pc just turns off. The programs are what i've noticed so far, limewire, and i have my firewall disabled so when i click on the red shield it happens aswell. I get a climse of a blue screen (for maybe a milisecond) then my computer just restarts. I recently just got this computer and just put it all together today. I got the FX-55 proccessor, 2x GF 6800GT 256MB DDR3 Dual DVI TV PCI-E. and 1 gig of corsair overclocked memory..

if u can help me that would be sweet

thanks for your time, if u need additional info just ask please

Have you physically overclocked anything? When did this all start happening? Have you taken out all of the bare essentials and started from there?

well it started as of today when i finished settin it all up, i decided to download limewire i clicked run limewire and my computer froze. No i didnt physically overclock anything just my ram which was already overclocked when i bought it. and no i havent takin out the bare essentials and started from there cuz i wouldnt know where to start

thanks for replying.. hope u can help :) cuz i want my pc to work heh

Take out all cards, do you have onboard video? if so, take out both your VC's. if not of course you gotta lave one in, leave just one stick of ram in, take a look at your cpu and make sure you have enough thermal grease on it so that it isnt overheating, etc.

well, i got the thermal pad on my proccesor. is that like thermal greese? cause im kind of new to buildin pcs and this is my first 1 and i didnt buy the thermal greese. But takin out the stick of ram and the video card what would this do?

Thats the manus stuff which is ok to use. There could be a conflict of some sort with the VCs or something else, lets give it a try.

okay after i take the vc out and leave the 1 ram do i just come back to here and ull say what 2 do next. or will i notice somethin right away?

Do whatever you did before when it crashed. If it dont crash over a short period of time, you know its something to do with whatever you removed. If it does it again, switch parts and do it again...then post back

Oh by the way, I was just in my BIOS and it says my proccessor is at 5068 mhz now im not sure if this can be that its overclocked or not but on the box it says 2.4 ghz and thats a large difference between the 2. and if i were to stop this how would i do so :(

once again thanks for your help

holy shit man...reset your bios and cmos jumper. The jumper is usually next to the cmos battery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom