CPU Cooling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syphanx

Daemon Poster
Hey guys I am thinking of buying a Thermaltake Volcano 12+ for my current cpu. will this change the temperature much? If so by about how much? it currently runs at about 37C at idle and 45-48C under load.
Also does RAM copper heatspreaders do much at all (they seem fairly cheap), my ram isn't overclocked and i dont intend to do so.

Thanks.

Ive had pretty good luck with heatspreaders, I say they make a difference :D

As far as the volcano, it is an excelling HSF. It can drop anywhere from 2C to 10C. Those are nice temps stock, why would you lower them?

Don't forget to buy some earplugs as well. That thing is loud.

They aren't stock, that's when it's o/c about 400mhz. I still wanna get it to about 33C or even 30C at idle then 38C under load, that would be really nice. I have a pretty average case at the moment, therefore will be upgrading it soon to a Thermaltake Soprano, this will increase the airflow alot, thus making the system cooler.

Is the Volcano 12+ really alot louder than just the start AMD heatsinks?

So heatspreaders work hey? Yeah I was looking at getting some for my RAM, but I'm not sure if they are worth it... Also was thinking of getting one for my HDD.

I was just thinking...
If I added, Artic Silver 5 Thermal Paste, Thermaltake Volcano 12+ cpu fan and maybe a thermaltake Soprano case... How much do you think my cpu temp would go down by?
Remembering it's about 37C at idle and 45 - 48C under heavy load.
My main aim is to try and get the cpu up to about 2.3-2.4ghz (I know it's asking alot).

Anyway post away!

whats the ambient temps cos the temp can't go lower than them. i would think that u would get around 33 idle and 40-42 load but thats just an estimate

my a64 runs 28c load (prime 3 hours) with stock at stock and 32c at 2.7ghz

hey man u should raise the fsb up dude on that cpu i got the same cpu and mine is on stock voltage at 2.31ghz

YEA ONE MORE THING IN UR SIG IT SAYS UR CACHE IS 512MB LOL ITS KB I HATE TYPOS ALSO BUT I WISH MY CACHE WAS 512MB LOL

but my cpu runs 49c idle! and 54cunder load, pretty hott i know but its not the overclock dont worry i think my cpu is just special or retarded lol becasue it runs at that on stock clocks also with my ultra xp3400 cooler

hahah thanks burned ati... stupid typo, good if I had a 512mb cache though! lol!
How's your system going? Running at 49C at idle and all? What cooling setup are you using?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom