pc problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

coffee4me

Baseband Member
Hi,,,
In the midst of putting a PC together.
Installed Mobo into the case with CPU and fan-Floppy drive and hard drive-RAM-video card. Connected all cables...
Turned it on... The fans are spinning of the Power supply and the CPU fan.
I don't hear the POST though...... And my floppy drive light stays on constantly.
Any ideas ???

Thanks,,,

There could be a ton of reasons. Did you put the mobo on the spacers? Maybe something isn't seated right, or plugged into the correct place. What have you done? Is this your first build?

Quintox said:
There could be a ton of reasons. Did you put the mobo on the spacers? Maybe something isn't seated right, or plugged into the correct place. What have you done? Is this your first build?

This is my 3th build. The previous 2 computers I build were without any problems...
The MOBO is on the spacers.

When it starts up I only see Athlon XP 1150 on boot up screen.... I have a 3000+ processor!

I have a feeling that there is something wrong with the connectors from the case onto the mobo. The speaker doesn't work, I don't see the hard drive led, nor the reset button works.

Don't understand why the floppy drive light stays on though.....

Problems....ugh!

Seems like I have found the CPU problem. Just had to set some jumpers on the mobo. I have a Athlon XP 2600+ Barton 333 FSB.
I have set the CPU Frequency at 166 Mhz. Is there anything I need to do for this ?

Still have problems with the floppy drive light staying on, connectors, no POST sound....

Floppy drive light is fixed... (cable was attached in the wrong direction).
Still no POST sound...
Since the connectors are not working properly, is it possible that the POST is OK, but I just don't hear it because of those 'bad' connectors ?
(the Hard drive light doesn't come on, the reset button doesn't work...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom