!!! Dust !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dust in the air is sucked into the case by the fans.

If you want to help prevent some of it, get some filters for your case (easier than it sounds).

Hi guys. If you make sure your computer in takes are filtered properly I don't think it's that important to clean. After a few years your computer is junk anyway. If you have to clean like every 6 or 12 months chances are your filtering is pretty bad. I'd rather improve your filtering than worry about dusting. Some people never dust without any problems like that person who posted before.

What about cat and dog hair? will that be bad if it gets sucked into your computer?

Wow. don't you guys use filters on all the intakes in your case? :amazed:.. I replaced my CPU fan on my PIII not too long ago (since it broke after like 5 years :p ). And the darn thing was not dirty at all.

Maybe, I just have clean air in my room??..

:D

I think animal hair is worse than dust because since its hair it can jam fans alot worse than dust can, it killed my dads psu fan and now he has a 120 dollar gaming psu with a green light in it and its only an amd k6 500mhz.

No filters on my rig, but that's because it doesn't have standard intakes.

My comp is/was an eMachine w2040, wiht a mini-tower case. It has ventwork along the side panel, and suck air in around the USB ports in the front bezel. Sort of tough to filter that.

I make sure to clean it every 4-6 months, whether it looks dusty or not.

Trotter said:
Dust acts like insulation in your computer, trapping heat. Heat is not a good thing in a computer.

what happens if you have winter of -30F at night time. is it good to have dust?

-30F? Then you'll have bigger problems than your computer. You'll probably have frost bite and quite possibly freeze to death very quickly.

I think it's probably better to get a good heater unit. THEN you can worry about better filtering for your computer and cleaning it and such..

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom