BT Broadband And Routers

Status
Not open for further replies.

becroydon

In Runtime
didnt think this fit in the internet section so im going with hardware,

ok im from the uk and i have bt broadband at 2mb connection, 2 years ago when i first connected to the service i used the standard USB bt ADSL modem, but then a year later i build 2 more pcs so i wanted to share the connection.

i bought the netgear DG834 configured it to work and it has been up until now, i came home to find the router not conecting to the internet at all...i figured the router had just gotten old and had stopped working, so i ordered myself a new router the ZyXEL 660H prestige, in the mean time i reconnected the old USB one and used that.

i have now recieved the new router but no matter how much i play with thesettings i cant get it to connect at all which is making me think mybe the netgear wasnt broken after all.

i have set it to PPPOA and VC with 0/38 as it all should be, bt broadband doesnt require a logon but the manual says to put on in for the router anyway and still nothing.

i got the ips set to detect auto, ive tried having them set myself, ive tried auto DNS and ive tried using DNSs manually too but nothing is working at all, i can get LAN connection but not WAN.

ive pinged the router in dos mode and thats fine, the lan is all correct, its just not connecting out at all.

i have also tried the new troubleshooting on msn messenger which scans your connection to identify a problem and it says its part of my key ports that is causeing the problem...more specifically it says my proxy or firewall is not configured properly but i cant think of any other setting to change

this is really frustrating me so please please please help

Your ISP may have started doing something new and weird, have you gave them a call to see what's going on with them yet?

DJ-CHRIS said:
Your ISP may have started doing something new and weird, have you gave them a call to see what's going on with them yet?

I agree with CHRIS.

I'm in the United States and use a service from a local cable provider. Once in awhile my cable modem will simply just not work.
I call them and they say, "ok. we just had to reset something on our end." And it will start working again...

Sometimes, changing something on your end, throws something on their end into a tail spin... And they need to reset or reconfigure something...

Call them mate... and tell them, "Fix my bloody Broadband you wanka!!!"

^^^
I had a DSL connection that wasnt working on routers as well. I phoned them up, they got me to connect without the router, it worked.

Than he's like connect it with the router, we didnt change anything. What a lie, he obviously changed something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom