intel graphics driver question?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcortes

Fully Optimized
i was wondering what drivers to get for my intel motherboard integrated graphics there are so many options to chose from and they all ask what chipset i have. how do i find out what chipset i have.

A program called cupz (google it, apologies for my laziness in linkage) will run a very deep probe on a lot of your hardware. Run it, hit the mainboard tab, and read off the line "Chipset"

I believe he means CPU-Z. Here is the link to thier web page for the download. I have used this on one of my systems and it does work well. You can find out all sorts of information. Here is another one also from Fresh Diagnose. With this you can benchmark you system and get all sorts of info also. I have used this also but it is a bit dated as the systems it compares to are old. But at least you can get some benchmark scores to see where your system is at.

try windows update. It should find all the drivers for your graphics audomatically.

Not necessarily. If he doesnt have the driver to begin with then widows update wont auto detect them. Same problem i had with a video card install with my Server 2003 install. St least this way he can get all the info on his mobo and find the driver direct instead of seeing if windows can find them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom