urget please help me

Status
Not open for further replies.

æArchOAngelæ

Daemon Poster
this is urgent i need help man, i just bought some stuff i bought an evga socket 754 this one
and this cpu
and this ram
this video card
i finally got the power connectors correct and it turns on and video wont show, the card is running and the ram is fine i dont hear any beeps, it just wont show the video and my cd drives wont power up, i have a 450 watt power supply, the vid card worked in another system. but the weird part was when i turned my system on at first it had very little smoke come from the cpu heatsink and then it cleared real quick it smelled like the thermal paste that came on the heatsink already, it didnt seem like anything to be concerned about, i read some things online about other people that it happen to, but my main concern is why isnt my video card showing anything? i tryed hooking up with dvi and vga neither worked.

yeah i got it, thats what it was, one little pin thats the mobo sits on top of was off just alittle not balancing it correctly putting pressure on places where it shouldnt be i guess causing it to not even respond, or beep, i re seat everything and now im installing windows on it and im so excidted, thanks man

well, i encountered another error, when i had turn off my computer to take out to the slave i had in to transfer some stuff, it beeps once then it shuts down. idk why

the motherboard is supposed to give one beep to say all's ok, but does it say anything before it turns off?
does it start to boot Windows?
what are the jumpers on your hard drive(s) set to?

it is a short beep, the jumpers for my hard drive is set to master, it is a western digital so i dont have a jumper in as master, ive tryed with the slave in again as if i never took anything out it still doesnt work, right as it shuts off somthin is on the monitor but i cant see it, it shuts down before i can see what it is, well immediatly after the beep it will shut down.

ok well i keep over looking stupid things, it was my ram, i took out a stick of ram and it works, i always have problems with ram, but why cant i use all my ram, the mobo supports up to 2 gigs i only have 1 gig, i had to take 1 stick out so id have 512\

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom