Not open for further replies.

iceware

In Runtime
Which processor is faster ?

Pentium III 1.0GHz with 512K L2 cache and 133MHz FSB

or

Celeron 1.3GHz with 256K L2 cache and 133MHz FSB

Thanx

of course celeron is much faster, than pentium 3. celeron is 1.3GHz, but the pentium 3 is 1.0 GHz.

nuke said:
of course celeron is much faster, than pentium 3. celeron is 1.3GHz, but the pentium 3 is 1.0 GHz.

Oh yea, so I guess that means that a Pentium 4 3.0Ghz owns a Athlon 64 3200+ eh?

No, the P3 is faster. The Celerons are even worse than the P4s at utilizing their speed. The P3 is a much better architecture.

Nice save flanker ;)

learn your CPUs and their capabilities before you go and give worthless information like this. Clock speed isn't everything

nuke said:

Nope, but is also dependant

Comparing a Pentium 3 1.0 ghz to a 1.3ghz celeron (p4 artechture), the Pentium 3 wins by far. To beat out a 1ghz Pentium 3, you would need at least a 1.4ghz pentium 4.

Pentium 3's, like AMD processors, do alot more per mhz.

DJ-CHRIS said:
Nope, but is also dependant

Comparing a Pentium 3 1.0 ghz to a 1.3ghz celeron (p4 artechture), the Pentium 3 wins by far. To beat out a 1ghz Pentium 3, you would need at least a 1.4ghz pentium 4.

Pentium 3's, like AMD processors, do alot more per mhz.

My old 1.0 P3 could keep up with my friend's 1.6-or so P4 easily, lol. Pissed him off :p

Celeron would do just fine for general use.

Most of these guys forget that not EVERYONE plays games :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom