New pc time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rmaia

In Runtime
Just got out of New Orleans and my comp is gone and I've been putting this off for a really long time now anyway. Anywho, I was wondering what you guys feel is the most reliable sites for building pc's. I just don't feel comfortable enough to build them myself yet and my last dell was a piece of crap, major crap. I also hear alienware is extremely overpriced. I'm looking for a pure gaming computer and looking to spend around $3000 for it. Really I just want to find a company that will build me a pc and help me with decisions as its been awhile since I've tried to catch back up with hardware.

This should be moved to High-Performance PC systems, lol. ;)

Rmaia said:
Just got out of New Orleans and my comp is gone and I've been putting this off for a really long time now anyway. Anywho, I was wondering what you guys feel is the most reliable sites for building pc's. I just don't feel comfortable enough to build them myself yet and my last dell was a piece of crap, major crap. I also hear alienware is extremely overpriced. I'm looking for a pure gaming computer and looking to spend around $3000 for it. Really I just want to find a company that will build me a pc and help me with decisions as its been awhile since I've tried to catch back up with hardware.

Sorry, I don't really have time to recommend a system, gotta go somewhere.

Everything you've heard is correct, Dell is crap, and Alienware is overpriced.

Building your own PC isn't hard at all. There are websites that give you directions once you have all the parts. Also, as a first time builder, be sure to read all the instructions that come with your hardware.

And finally, to answer your question, www.Newegg.com is the ultimate best place to order custom computer hardware online. They have 100% details on all products. www.zipzoomfly.com is also an excellent website, and it offers free 2nd day shipping on 90% of its items. That might make a difference in your final setup, but be sure to check the specifications on everything on Newegg.com.

Dude, you can make the ultimate killer gaming rig for $3000.

If you're going all-out, I suggest a FX-series AMD Athlon 64 processor. Nothing even comes close to their performance in gaming. Ofcourse 2 GB of ram will be needed :p.

If only I had more time :(, it would be so fun to make a build for $3000, lol. Usually we get to build stuff for $1000-roundbouts around here.

Also, are you going to be overclocking? Its a personal preference more than anything else, but it can get you a lot more out of your hardware.

Video cards in SLI will also be a must :D

Wow, I'd like to see the framerates with that rig.

Oops, I forgot. If you want a company to make it for you - www.monarchcomputersystems.com.

But I don't recommend it. For one thing, they give NO DETAILS on their hardware. And you have to know about the hardware beforehand since you're choosing components from a list. It will also cost more.

Okay I will help you, I feel very sorry for what happened in new orleans.

If i could have a bit more background, like how much hard drive space you will be needing, if your including OS, Keyboard, Mouse, Monitor and what kind of monitor you want (LCD, CRT, how much money and what size)

Also I need your opinions on processors (Dual core vs single core) Personally I think dual core is the best for your amount money, but right now you will get higher peformance from single core in current games, but this is about to change very soon.

If I dont respond to this thread, give me a PM, MSN or AIM message

well, I'm reading up on alot of new hardware thats around and I definately wanna go sli with the graphics card. I was also talking with someone about dual core processers and I think that I would like to have that when software actually sarts supporting it. I was thinking 160 gb hd was more than enough for me. When I specd my last rig, I got a intel system which I regret and I had 512 sd ram for the longest time and it was painful. I tried to upgrade it but the motherboard that came with it was a piece of crap.
This time around, I want to make sure I get what I want and I want to make sure I dont regret it in 6 months like I did with the last one.
I pretty much lost everything in that room so I'm going to need a monitor, mouse, keyboard, the works. I was looking at CRT's before but now I think I'm gonna def need a lcd considering I'll probably make multiple moves in the next year.
Basically I was looking at overpriced makes with my est and if 3k is really that excessive... I'm going to take all my contents insurance and put it towards a new computer b/c afterall, I dont really use that much else.
I'm going to read up on the new technology since I stopped keeping up (about a year ad a half ago) and see if I'm willing to try to make it myself.

Okay so I am glad you know what you are doing.

But what are the computer uses, video editing, coding, gaming, ect.

Also SLI'ED cards are not worth it, unless you are getting 2 of the top end cards. The top end card would be 7800GTX now...

pretty much a gaming pc. I'm majoring in 3d modeling/graphical design but most of the programs I used for that stuff worked fine on my other crappy comp so I'm not worried.

o also. about the sli, I was reading about them at alienware and I though too, whats the point, I could get the best gfx card the offer for cheaper than two shitty sli cards. Whats happens if one burns out, I went through 2 gfx cards trying to render huge files and i just bought a new one and plugged it in but with sli that might be a ***** and a half.

Its all personal preference in the end, but if I had that much money to spend, I'd go SLI, but thats just me.

So you don't want to get a Dual-Core Processor right now, but you want to be able to upgrade to it in the future/

I would like to look into dual core processers to be rdy when software supports it, I just don't know about dual video cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom