Computer continually reboots after installing xtasy radeon 9200

Status
Not open for further replies.

NEMESISD

Beta member
I had just recently bought an HP Pavilion and wanted to install a Visiontek Xtasy ATI Radeon 9200 card. I installed the video card using the cd from Visontek. I attempted to uninstall the onboard graphics adapter before installing the card, but it seems to reinstall every reboot even after I install the card. It seemed like I got past that problem fine though because I checked the BIOS and it said that the main display adapter was the card instead of onboard. The first time it booted the computer started normally and when I played a video file the computer restarted. It booted up again and I tried to uninstall the onboard again and changed some video options and rebooted. When the computer booted this time, I logged in like normal and before my start programs loaded entirely, the screen turned black and the computer was starting up. It would continually reboot like so until I took the card out.

System:

-Windows XP Home Version 2002 SP2 - 5.1 (Build 2600)
-GenuineIntel Family 15 Model P4 3.06 GHz Stepping 1 Processor
-186.31 GB HD (200GB)
-BIOS: A M I - 2000516 Date: 02/16/05 16:07:13 Ver: 08.00.10
-248 MB Ram (always says this even though 512 is installed)
-Intel Onboard (R) 82915G/GV/910 GL Express Chipset Family
Display Adapter
-My paging file usage had to be somewhere between 310 and
700 MB or so
Motherboard: ?
Power Supply: ?

Installing:

Visiontek Xtasy ATI Radeon 9200

I was thinking that the problem could be due to a low power supply or a BIOS problem.

P.S. Anyone know how to test your power supply without getting off?

Ok boot back into windows with the onboard video card, go into device manager and DISABLE the onboard video card. Restart the computer and go into BIOS and set the new video adapter as AGP, save the setting and exit then shut the computer down. Install your agp video card and see how it goes.

Problem is having 2 video card active will cause system conflict.

Hey thanks for that. I did that before but apparently I had to also disable a monitor listed under the intel display.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom