error with userinit.exe unable to load desktop

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcortes

Fully Optimized
hey my computer is not working when i reset it it gives me an error that says "userinit.exe - application error" then i press ok and it only shows my desktop but nothing else then i press ctrl+alt+del and it says that "the administrator has disabled task manager" which i think has to do with the userinit.exe failing or else i would just run explorer.exe. it also gives me the error if i start it in safemode.

please help

your going to need to boot to the XP cd and then go into the recovery console. From there, run sfc /scannow. That should allow you to recover whatever it is that went wrong.

I hope anyway..
Good luck

That command should work. Try sticking .exe after it. and make sure you type it exactly, without the period. Look here for mroe info.

hey i see wut your saying but it might help with my problem if my computer would even get to the run box lol. all that shows up is my desktop backround.

thanx for the help but i just decided to format the hard drive and use Recover My Files to recover the things i needed off of my hard drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom