dimension 2400 project

Status
Not open for further replies.

timmer

Daemon Poster
i ahve a few quick questions here.
1. is this a socket 478? cause i cant find the info on the dell web site and the computer is in pices right now so i cant find that out.
well thats really the only question but this is what im doing. since the thing wont turn on anymore. it used to turn on sometimes after we puch the button it would come on buy itself and now it doesnt at all. so i plan on getting a 250 watt mini atx psu. will that do it? cause this is project my sisters computer and she has no money project so keep it cheep project. ot do u think it my have just been the mobo? idk i plan on get a 35$ pcchips mobo with another stick of 256 and a new psu. and keep the same case cause i think it would be cheeper but weell see.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?item=N82E16817104113
will that work or will it crap out on me?

Count the pin holes, easy way to tell, ok their's easier ways, but mine is simple

And i dont think another motherboard will fit the case...

Well iv got a dell 8100 right now, and it says right on the CPU socket, "423 Socket" so if it says thats a lot quicker then counting, lol. I dont think id even want to try counting all those tiney little holes or pins! Instead of trying to research the mobo from dell, maybe you could research the processor on intels site or ask arround here and I bet someone could tell you what socket it is.

well i think ill count cause that sounds pretty ez since there in coloms

I bet you have a serial number to the dell and should be able to look up all the info you need at dells website.

Usually its common sense to just buy another case for it. Usually you cannot fit another motherboard into any pre-built computers cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom