More RAM?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
joelminns said:
I have been hearing that windows doesnt like more than 2gb of ram. If this is true, than that is why you shouldnt buy more ram.

Are you saying system performance will suffer with more than 2gigs of RAM or you just won't see any benefit???

PoisonPorkchop said:
You just wont see any benefeit.

Pepsi boy where are you gonna get a 250 gb 10,00 rpm hd?

hahahahhaaaaaa thats the same thing I was wondering. And IF you did find one it would probably cost 500 bucks. The 74GB ones are expensive enough.

I dont get why you can get an 80GB 7200rpm for like 60 bucks, but to get a 74GB 10k rpm it costs tripple that. I wish more companies would start making 10k rpm ATA drives. WD just jacks up the price because noone else makes a comparable ATA one. Would be nice if Seagate and other companies would start making 10k rpm drives.

Tro1086 said:
Would be nice if Seagate and other companies would start making 10k rpm drives.

They do. but i still don't know why they are still so expensive. :eek:

Dose Seagate make a 10k rpm SATA drive? I was looking on newegg and only remember seeing the WD ones as SATA and the other companies only had SCSI ones in 10k.

I dont even know what SCSI drives are. Do they use a normal SATA connection or IDE connection? Or do they need a special connection or mother board to support them?

Adding more ram

i was thinking of updating my ram on my Sony Vaio, it currently has 512MB just wondering how easy it would be to do this??

Pepsiboy700 said:
yup bf2 is such a power hungry game. Your system with 2gbs of ram would run bf2 great. The system id want to build to garentee good gameplay is:
DFI Lanparty Sli Mobo
Evga 7800gtx
Amd 64 3200
2gb patriot (2x 1gb pc3200) dual channel
250gb 10,000rpm hd

Not neccessarily overkill but will definatly play any game good. Theres actually someone out there with the almost same exact setup.

your cpu is going to be a bottleneck, you need something over 2.4ish. so i would change that to a 3700+ and a differencet hdd lol. no patriot ram defintely OCZ ram.

Re: Adding more ram

Nightfox said:
i was thinking of updating my ram on my Sony Vaio, it currently has 512MB just wondering how easy it would be to do this??

you have to make sure that you have a slot open. i believe you will have 2x256MB of memory and only 2 slots. so you will either have to buy one 512MB or 2 512MB and throw away the 256, and it is very easy to do this, if you know what you are doing

yeh i have looked inside my PC case i have 4 slots, because the PC has hyperthreading i need to buy the ram in pairs so i might but 2gb which is the max the PC cant take

index.php

are you using two slots right now? or just one? i would say if you are have 2 slots just buy an aditional two 512MB to make 1.5GBS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom