Buying A New PC Soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sameer

Beta member
I'm going to buy a New PC soon, a Desktop Computer. It will be only for Gaming, and I usually play live-action 3D games.

Right now the only things I have decided my self is a Pentium 4, 40 GB HDD (or more if my dad agrees) and 256 MB RAM (or more if my dad agrees).

The things I am worrying about the most are:-

- Graphics Card (I said I usually play live-action 3D games like Vice City and such, so I need something according to that)

- 512 MB RAM (maybe more if I can afford): Which Company?

- Sound Card: What is good and what is bad? I dont really have any idea about Sound Cards..

- Cooling Fans: Again, I know these are important, but I have no idea how many should I have, which company, where to be placed and all that.

Let me also tell that this is the first time I am actually trying to buy a PC in which there are parts of my own choice. I have a very old Compaq Presario 1700 and at the time I was purchasing it I actually did not bother about gaming or anything, and knew a very little about Hardware. Now I have a little more knowledge about Hardware, and good pals on Internet for suggestions :).

I know a Gaming system cannot be cheap, but still, what I look for is best and cheap. :)

this is a budget graphics machine
9600xt
p4 2.4ghz c 800fsb
p4p800
512mb corsair twin x ram (256mbx2) c2.5
sound blaster 16pci
whatever case whith whatever fans
Lg cd-wr 52x24x52x
floppy drive sony
40gb maxtor 7200rpm 8mb cache

Are you building the PC yourself or buying one off of the shelf. I believe that if you have the know how you should build it yourself. The parts are cheaper and you end up understanding the inner workings of your computer more. I would skip the Pent 4 and go with AMD processors. You get more bang for the buck out of them and in tests they are outrunning the Pents. I would go with the creative labs sound card and the radeon video cards. I would also suggest that you do your research in motherboards. There are alot of good boards out there but have alot of small glitches. Find one that is dependable and upgradable in the future. Many of the things that you buy for the computer can be bought a little at a time to fit your budget. If you have a choice of a good video card now but cannot afford say a sound card do it get the video card and wait on the sound. You will be happier getting what you want when you can afford it than getting a bunch of cheap garbage that you will just toss in the trash latter. Do your research and you will be happier in the long run.

Thanks for that information mitschej.

I will not be building the PC my self, actually I am going to get it off the shelf but I will tell those guys to replace the parts which I dont like with parts of my own choice and take money according to that. So it is actually just same as building my own PC I reckon. That is why I am asking you all to suggest some good parts (graphics card and stuff) so that I can make them build a PC which is good for gaming. :)

The main purpose of this Desktop would be Gaming, and I want to run game's very smoothly and enjoy every bit of the games. So that means what I am mainly focussing is on Graphics, Animation and how smooth it is.

I have decided to get the following stuff as you said:-

- Creative Labs Sound Card - Can you tell me which brand is the best?

- ATI Radeon - Can you tell me which version is the best for Gaming?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom