Status
Not open for further replies.

Rach1966

Beta member
if you were buying a new computer

(I'm buying a new laptop)

I don't do any games
just for home e-mail use
and downloading pics that I might kinda crop or touch up and post on my web page on the net of family vacations and church functions.

this is what I'm looking at and need to know if I should change anything.

Petium M processor 1.8GHz
1 GB DDR (1 Dimm)
80 GB HD
Win XP home
8x DC/DVD burner w/ double

should I change anything?

thanks
Rachel

I'm looking at the Dell (which I have heard several bad things about them, but all things can't be bad, I have always bought an HP, so this will be my first Dell)
looking at the Dell Inspiron 700m
I want something small to put in my backpack when I'm traveling also.

Rach1966 said:
I'm looking at the Dell (which I have heard several bad things about them, but all things can't be bad, I have always bought an HP, so this will be my first Dell)
looking at the Dell Inspiron 700m
I want something small to put in my backpack when I'm traveling also.

The thing bad about Dell is that they use proprietary components, preventing upgrading. Also, their components are of questionable quality. But for what you're doing, you probably will never need to upgrade and Customer Support is there is anything fails.

Go HP man. i dont know but i think thats a little extravagent in my opinion. for simply web browsing and croping pictures. this will probably save u some money. just go with 512mb ram, i think thats like 80$ right there. then if u want more go to newegg and order some for like 40$. is that the 7xx series if so thats a little overkil also. i mean seriuosly for web browsing and croping a picture here and there. i would go with the 3xx series.
but this is if ur on a budget and wanna save some money. if u have the money and were planing on spending it on a pc then go for it.

I just want a computer that I will not have to upgrade in the next few years
and I want a small one to fit in my backpack when I'm traveling through Thailand or Indonesia for a month without the extra weight.

does HP have a small laptop like that?

My roommate has the Dell 700m. You wouldn't believe how tiny it is. I think it should be just fine for what you need it for. Good luck with it and have fun traveling!

Link to DELL 700m. I say choose to customize a cheap one, and upgrade to 1GB of ram. If you don't want to keep upgrading, 1GB is best, but if you only want it for right now, 512MB will be fine.

I think the smallest HP (that I've seen) has a 14.1 inch screen and weights 5 lbs. I would go HP personally, but that's up to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom