cannot turn off onboard video

Status
Not open for further replies.

mitschej

Baseband Member
I cannot flash the bios on my pc chip motherboard. I get exception 07 when I try flashing the bios it also says abort 00. I am trying to flash the bios because I got a new video pci video card and I get no video signal from it. I was upgrading the video card to a visiontek xtasy 9200 SE 64MB PCI. I have a pc chip motherboard model m741lmrt. I cannot get anything to come on the screen. After trying some tweeks to see if I could get it going I finally got a video error beep off the motherboard. I don't know what Abort 00 or exception 07 means to correct the problem. According to Visiontek the problem that I am getting is from the onboard video cannot be turned off. That is the reason that I need to flash the bios. I also don't know if the motherboard can support this video card. All of the specs for the video card are met by motherboard and components for the computer.

Running windows 98. there is no jumper to turn off onboard video nor is there a setting in bios to turn off the onboard video. I used the latest bios update off of the pc-chip website. I looked up the bios that I have and it is version 1.0. I just get the error when I try to update. I used a smaller 2mb video card and it used it fine. I also tried the last suggestion of moving the ram out of slot one and moving it to slots 2 and 3 with the new video card. This resulted in me getting a motherboard beeps not detecting video.

Yes, the system meets all requirements. It will handle all sizes of video cards, except for 64mb. Why is this????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom