Ram question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syphanx

Daemon Poster
Hey guys,
Today I bought
KINGSTON KVR400X64C3AK2 - 1G / 2 X 512MB DDR RAM
(I was going to get either the Geil or Corsair but they didn't have any in stock and weren't ordering in for another month!)

Now I have a generic 256mb DDR400 pc3200 spair at home, should i put this in along with the kingston as well? Will it degrade the performance? and if not will i really see a big improvement with the extra 256mb???

Thanks.

Well, I don't know much about Dual Channel memory, which is probably the only problem you could have.

But both are DDR400, so it won't degrade performance, not from the memory speed anyway.

And, I don't think you would really see much of a performance increase. I mean, you will obviously notice the 1GB since you're going up from 512MB, but if you try out the 1GB first, and then add the 256MB, then you probably won't notice a difference.

Yah I don't have dual channel DDR anyway :( lol, so I'll put it in and give it a go, would I have to adjust my pagefile usage if I added another 256mb of memory? What percentage of your pagefile is supposed to be of ur actual RAM???

Yeah i put it in with the 256mb but it didn't recognise it for some reason, it just keeps coming up with 1gb... :S Does it have to be in any particular slot? I've only got 3 on my mb and two are taken up by the kingston now.
I would run it with the extra 256. but yeh it's not working... any suggestions.

maybe they dont like each other? had a fight latly? who knows. Well not me. But still 1 gb of 400 is good enoughm i wouldnt worry, sell your 256 on ebay maybe? and use the money from that to buy other things?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom