Question about PSU for SLI

Status
Not open for further replies.

flurobmx

Baseband Member
I bought a case a couple of weeks ago which came with a 500W PSU which has a 20Pin Mobo connecter, 4 molex connecters, 2 sata connecters, ATX12V+ and a floppy connecter.

since im planning to build a system with SLI (with 2 6800GTs) i was wondering if my PSU is suitable or should i get a different 1.

btw i dont know the name of my PSU, its not a well known name im sure of

That PSU "will not" be suitable for an SLI system. To run an SLI system you'll need a PSU that has a (24 PIN) connecter. The extra (4 PINS) are added specifically for PCIe & SLI.

If you are currently only running (1) GFX card not SLI'd then that PSU will be fine. But, add another GFX card and you should upgrade your PSU to something with DUAL 12v Rails, SLI ready and no less then 500watts.

Here is the only thing that I recommend:

PC Power & Cooling Turbo-Cool 510 Express/SLI - http://www.pcpowercooling.com/products/viewproduct.php?show=T51SLI

Yes it's expensive but the quality and reliability is top notch. There are other PSU's that would probably do just fine. May-be someone else could recommend one. I only recommend PCP&C because that's all I use. For obvious reasons...

Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom