ideas for a soon to be case mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

aspire

The Water Cooling Guru
for all those may have seen a wayyyy previously made post about a half life case mod i did, i recently acquired an identical case and im not quite sure what to do with it

i had a nice image in my head to do a super gloss white with a black cs logo on the side

only problem with that is how to do the logo

so any ideas to fix that problem or other case mod ideas are welcome

fan wise i want it to have at least 6 120mm fans in it so if you feel up to it paint images or photoshop things would be cool to have idea wise

fanshkgriccou.jpg

Are you talking about that counterstrike logo? It's easy, I had to paint similar graphics on my case mod. I printed off and cut out the desired graphics I wanted and taped them to the side of the case, kind of like stencils, and then just spraypainted inside the stencil.

I really wish I had my digital camera to document what I did...

hmm that sounds good

maybe ill try that
but what do you think of the gloss white with black logo

Well, you'll want to sand, then lay down a few layers of primer. I'd then paint a couple layers of your base coat (white), followed by the black logo. You should be able to find some sealant that will give a shiny, smooth chrome sort of look to your finish and spray that on top

dont worry i know painting cases

this case is gonna need like 4 cans of spraypaint and 2 cans of primer plus 3 cans of gloss thats like... 40 bucks of paint :(

that p-3 case mod that i posted was my own work

but damn this case is gonna have a shitload of 120mm fans on it im thinking two top, one back, 2 on each side panel so 7 120mm fans running probly use white led ones. heh im gonna spend like 60 bucks on fans for this case. A couple white ccfl tubes. maybe paint the inside black that would be pretty awesome.

it sounds awesome man. I wish i had the ability to do somethig liek that.
Some of those case mods you see on pimprig don't really seem that hard to do now that I've gotten my feet wet. It's not really all that tough ;)

Like anything, it comes from experience

BTW, you don't want to shove in too many fans (depending on the size of the case), they may do more harm to airflow since it fans might be blowing in every direction

ok heres the idea ive got 10 80mm fans and 2 top mounted 120mm fans
2 back 80's
and 4 80's on the right side on the upper part of the case
and 4 80's on the lower left side of the case

the two top and the 4 on the right side will be exhaust
and the 4 side and 2 back will be intake

Well if you got them pointed right it wont matter how many fans you have. Its just a case of getting the fans right and making sure you dont block airflow. I have 10 fans in my case excluding the ones i have on my PSU and it has almost perfect airflow and everything stays cold. Now i only got a couple on my new LAN rig but ounce i get some kits ill have it made. Also, i cant exactly get my feet wet cause i have 2 problems, money, and lack of time. So either way im screwed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom