Building next weekend!!! Pics and benchmarks to follow!

Status
Not open for further replies.
tajahem said:
I was under the impression that you needed an IDE cable to run an IDE DVD-ROM Drive.:confused: It's what mine uses. :confused:
I suppose it doesn't really matter though since your mobo will come with several IDE cables if I'm right.

You very well might be right. I've never used these type cables before and I was pretty sure that one of them was a floppy cable and one was a round IDE cable. We'll see shortly. As for the mobo advice I really hope that I have a better experience than you guys have. Wish me luck!

The lighting on those things isn't nearly as spectacular as you might think anyway. I bought two of these and wasn't overly impressed with my $18 purchase.

The pics made them look much cooler than they really were.

DJ-CHRIS - That's the beauty of building a PC with someone else's money! So "Oops" on the cables... But as Tajahem mentioned earlier, the mobo came with more than enough of them anyway.

Igetshockedalot said:
DJ-CHRIS - That's the beauty of building a PC with someone else's money! So "Oops" on the cables... But as Tajahem mentioned earlier, the mobo came with more than enough of them anyway.

I am 100X more cautious with other people's money and PC

I dont use wrist straps on my PC, but I do while working on other people's PC's

Aw hey, maybe that last post was in bad taste. But it is a little embarassing to realize a mistake in a public forum. As for building stuff with other folk's money, I really try to be careful about it. I just reacted inappropriately. Please don't take that as an indication that I don't care. I am happy that it was an $8 mistake though.

Maxtor are unreliable?! What're you talking about?!?! This DiamondMax10 250gb drive I have is AMAZING

Its true, they are unrealiable. But that drive has been tempting me for a while, that 16MB cache looks nice...

They have a bad record though. But if you got one that actually works...MORE POWER TO YA!!!

septoid2 said:
Maxtor are unreliable?! What're you talking about?!?! This DiamondMax10 250gb drive I have is AMAZING

Okay explain how amazing it is.

Next year, you will loose all your data :amazed: Maxtor's (And old IBM) are THE ONLY model's of hard drives that I have seen extremely commonly fail in PC's.

I have seen builder only (Non caviar) western digital drives fail, and alot of under 10 gig drives. But Maxtor ALWAYS stands out for high failures.

DJ-CHRIS,
Do you have any stats to back up your "Maxtor-sux" response? I only ask because I have always thought they were good drives and I'd hate to put something into someone else's computer that was going to fail in a year....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom