30k for avatars

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHAWN

Field Engineer
Is not enough space. Cant we get like 100k or 80k even? My avatar looks like poop at this small size. Also can we get 100x100 instead of 80x80? PLEASE!!!!

Ya. 100K would be nice. I couldn't load an animated .gif based avatar that was like 80x60 simply b/c it was too "large" (bytes).

Considering most ppl that have registered are not even active, it'll be nice if the size could be increased. If there are 2000 active users, a 100K avatar translates to just 200 MB.. Which is nothing storage.. Right? :p

Or at least just for the most "regular" users (over 1000 posts even), the size can be increased. A "pat on the back" for always posting on TF :D

Maybe they can incorporate this into TF2.

PM Larry, Shakie, or DMo with this.

:)
obviously, its not storage space that I see the problem... its band width and people on dial up (slow connection).

there are people with big sigs that slow the board down...
I'm not excited to slow it down with bigger avatars.

when I design website, I make them as SLIM and TRIM as can be. I go the extra yards to make a site look good while still being extremely thin.

Whats the worst thing about websites....

ones that are slow to load... even if a website is not good... an awesome site that takes a long time to load still is horrible...

no what I mean?!?!?!

thanks

Members have an option to not show avatars and sigs if they want. Very helpful for those on slow connections.

User CP > Edit Options > Thread View Options

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom