Ip address

Status
Not open for further replies.

raiden_nrl

In Runtime
Hey guys,
havn't posted in a while!
Anyways to the point, my family friend owns a business in airdrie and at www.airdrieonline.com some foul person posted all these made up horror stories about there restaraunt. Something about a worm in there soup and nobody did anything about it. This could realy have an affect on there business if they can't find out who did it.
But what I would like to know is, is there anyway to track the IP the poster posted with, she just wants some answers to who did it. or to find out what general area they posted from in airdrie.

Thanks for your help!

I didn't realy know what area this should have been posted in so please move it, and also I knew i'd get quick answers here...

The only way is for the ISP that they belong to, to give their identity up. In most cases, this isnt going to happen. + If they want, they can hide it.

Well, if they have reason to believe that there is "NO VALIDITY" to the persons claim & stories, they can contact the webmaster at that site and tell them to remove the stories.

I believe that false or misleading stories about a business is considered, "LIBEL" - A method of defamation expressed by print, writing, pictures or signs; in its most general sense, any publication that is injurious to the reputation of another in this case a business.

If there is no validity or formal complaint made by the authoring party to the resturant or business it's LIBEL and it must be removed by request of the owner of the business.

I'm not even a lawyer, but I play one one TV... LOL

That will be $100.00 for my time thank you...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom