Help a Newb Wanting to build a Pimp Gaming Comp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
For future referance what upgrades should I look at?

OCing ram I would assume, maby a better power source or cooling? Any thing else I should keep in mind for future update possibilities?

Hard Drive, Speakers, and Memory.

Hard Drive - 160GB is a helluva nice amount (I dunno how I'm going to fill up mine) but there comes a time when even thats not enough.

Speakers - Only 2 speakers with sub? You can do better than that, you don't need to right now, but its just a suggestion.

Memory - 1GB won't do, it just won't do. You can play some games at Max, but games like BF2, no way. With the rest of your system, 2GB minimum. I haven't been keeping up, so I don't know why you didn't get 2GB, but you shouldn't even wait if you can afford it.

Overclock your video card, then processor and then overclock the ram as its a little tricky i believe..

Im bummed, I made my order for all this stuff Sunday night. It is now about 3:30 pm mountain time Thursday afternoon and NewEgg says that I am still stranded on step 4 of their process. ;( I am losing faith in NewEgg by the hour, I was feeling great about them till this wait that feels like it has been forever. Any thoughts?

I ordered my parts from newegg on Friday and received on Tuesday. I paid for overnight shipping. However it was a pain!!! I was on the phone with them forever trying to get my order verified. Then UPS tried to deliver it when I was at work. I got home and called the number on the UPS info notice to schedule to pickup my delivery that night at the UPS office. They said that they had an agreement with newegg that the order could only be delivered to the address!!! I couldn't even pick it up! I called newegg and raised hell!!! Did they expect me to take a day off of work to wait for my order to be delivered??? I spent about an hour on the phone with them until they agreed to call UPS and tell them that I could pickup the order.

So to make a long story short - I picked it up Tuesday and have been building ever since!

Sorry buddy that sux...in the mean time you can do alot of browsing about building it and tips etc, so youll be ready to go when it comes.

WHY PAY MORE FOR SHIPPING! why do you guys pay for overnight. i got standard shipping. processes in 1-2 days ships in 5-7 days. not true. ordered monday at 2:30PM EST and got it on WEdnseday 1:00PM EST. and this is with the cheapest option. fedex saver what not. i dunno why you would pay more for overnight

EDIT: this is from california(their main warehouse) all the way to boston, MA

yea newegg usually has good turnaround time but i've had some bad experiences. the shipped me the wrong case and shipped my xp-90 with almost a whole side of bent fins. but they are fast.....:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom