Norton 2005 (Weird.......)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ere_in_cornwall

In Runtime
Hi, My New Computer came with Norton 2005, I've got it ready, although when i do the scan my computer, part it tells me what it has found! ie...work/trojan bla bla, but when it shows me this is it actually removed or is it showing me that the pc is protected? i mean i saw it earlier on i download the removal tool from the symantec site, and it told me that it was not their.

Lawrie aaarrrggggghhhhhhh.........././././

Thats not descriptive do you have Norton AV or Norton Internet Security. I'm assuming it is AV so if it says it found something it makes sense to run a scan doesn't it?

what i mean is that it tells me it has fouind something when it has found something but whyen i do a scan of it it tells me its not their

I would suggest NOD32. It is above and beyond the Best Antivirus available. Well worth the money. Better than AVG, Norton, Mcaffe or any other that i have tried. Detects viruses as they come into your system faster and better than anything i have ever seen. It tells you if the website you are at has a virus affecting it. Check out thier site Eset and read for yourself. When the worm threat broke out a few weeks back NOD system were already protected against them.

Makaveli213 said:
I would suggest NOD32. It is above and beyond the Best Antivirus available. Well worth the money. Better than AVG, Norton, Mcaffe or any other that i have tried. Detects viruses as they come into your system faster and better than anything i have ever seen. It tells you if the website you are at has a virus affecting it. Check out thier site Eset and read for yourself. When the worm threat broke out a few weeks back NOD system were already protected against them.

this is what I use now. also AVG and Avast are better than norton

is avast or antivir better?

i just loaded avast and it works great, but i have heard that antivir is better

No they are not.... Any profesional will say that as well as your beloved Thurrot (*sighs* I admit it I read one of his reviews...). It's good but Norton is great and above that is Symantec which is the best.

norton is better than Nod32. woooooooowww.....

avast free is killing norton. avast pro (the paid for version) Obliterates it. American are stuck on norton (the rest of the world uses avg and avast). that simply because We don't know that there are better alternatives. WE are use to having it hog your system, hijack their system files (how many of us have uninstalled norton and then ended up with a computer that wouldn't boot)and having it not delete all (or even most) viruses.

shoot, hackers are using norton to scan your computer (for personal info), while you think norton is scanning for viruses.
part of the reason norton isn't that good is because they own most of the market in the US. that gives them little incentive to get better or to change their ways

Everybody in the world know that NOD32 is the best antivirus, period. it's just a fact. it is what most businesses use. yet they don't market their stuff good enough, plus for years it'ds high price is what kept most homeowners from using it. they fixed that problem as you can get for $39.00 now

kaspersky labs and avast are fighting for second place for the best A/V. norton isn't even top five material

I remember when I 1st join this forum. I though norton was the shitznit (even though, I did know the kaspersky and nod32 was the better). but then I had people point me in the right direction.

Okay i will say that after years of loyalty to Norton and their products i have been swayed myself. I used to be all for Norton. ranted i still dont think they are all that bad. But there are better alternatives out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom