sharing cpus

Status
Not open for further replies.

inatey

In Runtime
it is possible to network 2 pc so that they share cpu power or ram or video proceseing power?? if be able to run of the 1 screen??

In a simple answer, no.
You're not going to be able to do this given a commercial operating system from Microsoft...thats for sure. This kind of operation isn't built to "share" over a network.

-Mike

almost, there is a PCI expansion card you can buy that allows 2 people to share the same computer using another set of keyboard, mouse, monitor. it behaves as if it were 2 separate computers. i saw this product in a www.tigerdirect.com sales catalog.

this is the only way that i am aware of. there is no way to do this through networking exactly the way you describe it. the networking speed would have to be fast enough to display moving video , memory, hard disk, ect. the closest thing is something called thin client or fat client, not what you want.

What about clustering? Using multiple machines to act as one unit. Just have to run the right OS to do it though... This might be closer to what he is looking for... Although clustering requires 3 PCs to start. 1 is the control unit that the other 2 send and recieve requests to and from. But they can be grown to encompass many machines. not sure there is even a limit...

I know that, but I think this is what he is looking for... Something like this anyway...

Sorry, didn't read the latter part of the above post where you said it wouldn't work.

-Mike

yes clustering!! that is what i mean!! i have a 3rd pc but it is a p2... would it still work?? how would i go about doing it?

Ok, I can walk you through this and/or point you to a directional site. But what operating systems are you using?

-Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom