ATI X850XT PE owners...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seiken

In Runtime
When you boot your system up.. does the fan on the card rev up like a [really loud something-or-other] and loud as hell? My systems does this "boost" startup thing.. where it's loud for the initial 5 seconds and then when the Windows splash screen shows up it goes back down to normal levels where it's not noticeable. Is that normal? :confused:

It's a Visiontek Xtasy AGP X850XT Platinum Edition card

well you know it doesnt sound normal but my powersuplly does something similiar,it will rev up really loud and then idle down a bit

actually.. I've been asking around on other forums and it seems like a normal thing. From what I've read, the X800 XL cards do the same thing. Again, it's only when the system posts and then when the P4 logo comes on the noise idles down to normal levels.

I never noticed it was my gpu fan, but now that i think about it, that makes sense.

I believe the fan starts up at FULL MAX RPM's Until WINDOWS & CATALYST drivers are loaded. Then the CAT drivers take over and regulate the fan speed. I believe this is true... Although i'm not 100%, it does make sense. To me anyway...

My card "revs" up for a short period after the computer is turned on. Then it slows down to normal.

Sounds like you're seeing the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom