Someone Please Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pepsiboy700

Fully Optimized
Ok i have a 9600xt 128mb agp x8 and all of a sudden it crashes in any game i play. I just got the card from a friend and he said it was fine. I got it and it acts up. Now in battlefield 2 it crashes and quits the game back to desktop. In any steam game, the entire pc crashes and some other games, it goes both ways. WTF is wrong?!?!?!?

The only way to tell if its your video card is to find another video card, place in your slot, play the same games and see what happens. If your computer and games react the same then its not your video card. It does seem like its your video card. Make sure its seated in the slot tightly. HOpe this helps

Not really, I can't think of anything else. Was every game working fine before replacing with this video card?

Have you checked to see if the video card is possibly overheating????

I can't think of anything else... Hope this helps...

Since all of your games are crashing and it does not seem to be just one game then it is either your video card driver or the card itself.

First try to update the driver or re-install it just using the driver not the ATI control panel stuff. Which you can find towards the bottom of the ATI driver page, it is about a 6MB download.

Second and probably the worst part would be to either get the card RMAed through ATI if it is still under warranty or try a different card.

One last thing is the fan working on that card?

i had a similar ish problem, try goign in to your bios and turning down the agp speed to 6x rather than 8, mabey your board cant handle it, jsuta suggestion like

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom