New Dual Core Dell... Is it worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wellswarrior73

Beta member
hey i was thinking about getting a new dual core system and found a dell 9100 for $1973.40 and was wondering if it was worth this price

Specs
Pentium D 830 (3Ghz, 800 FSB)
Windows XP Media Center 2005 Edition
Dual TV tuner and remote
1GB memory
250 GB SATA hard drive
48x CD-RW and 16x dual layer DVD+/-RW
20 inch Ultrasharp 2005FPW widescren lcd
256mb PCIx nVidia Geforce 6800
Creative Audigy 2 ZS
Dell 5.1 surround sound speakers
mouse,keyboard,etc.
Total: $1973.40

Do you guys think this build is worth the price? i looked at newegg for all the same parts but with a amd x2 and it came to about $2200 so i was just wondering what you guys thought about this rig.

Okay #1 AMD X2's are a much better peformance dual core processor than intel.

Dell are crap and overpriced, you can build this build alot cheaper if you do it yourself.

If you are not comfortable building it yourself (which most people are not), have this built by a friend or a local PC shop. Don't get a Dell, they are extremely overpriced and they use proprietary components to prevent you from upgrading.

DJ-CHRIS said:
Okay #1 AMD X2's are a much better peformance dual core processor than intel.

Dell are crap and overpriced, you can build this build alot cheaper if you do it yourself.

haha you took the words right out of my mouth chris. right now AMD is owning Intel, but if your considering gaming, some games don't support duel core processors... just keep that in mind.

No games at all support dual core processors.

However FEAR will support Multi CPU's and some stupid MMO or RPG will too in the near future.

Farcry doesnt support dual core, but they do have a 64bit version that takes advantage of the 64bit in the Athlon64s.

Don't buy a Dell!!! I repair more Dell's then any other PC on the Planet... Dell is total garbage... Crap warranties, crap components, no upgradability and their tech support is absolutely terrible.

Quotes from my conversation with a 65 year old client:

ME: Did you contact Dell Tech Support?

65 Yr Old Client: Yes. But I couldn't understand a word the guy was saying. I think he was indian or something. And I seemed to know more then he did.

"I'm not racist, nor do i have anything against indians. But, most americans can't understand english spoken by an indian." - Their accent is far too strong... please don't be offended.

I laughed so uncontrollably, i almost pissed myself...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom